Monday, February 23, 2009

chance.

ever hear the story of job?

God and satan had an idea to test job, one of God's greatest followers. the deal was to let satan do whatever to him, but not kill him and they were to see if He would curse God. so satan killed his whole family, destroyed his riches, killed off all his flocks. furthermore, he was inflicted with burning boils all over his body which he ended up just scratching with a piece of a pot.

imagine that. losing EVERYTHING you had. everything you've ever worked for. EVERYTHING. that's such a hard thing to fathom. i can barely imagine my life without the people in it. even just not having the bed i'm laying in right now.

the amazing thing is that despite the tragedy and everything that was happening, job NEVER cursed God. job didn't know the circumstances or reason why this was happening, but he trusten in his Lord that it was His will. still he praised God no matter what.

NO MATTER WHAT.

you know, many people believe in chance and luck. stuff of that sorts. but for me, i know my life isn't just a big clutter of happenings that I can define by the things i do. everything i do, it happens for a reason. the feelings i feel, the thoughts i think, everything. it all happens because God put it in me. not myself.

chance has no part in our life. nothing comes into our lives without God's permission.





crazy huh.


just wanted to share my devotion with whoever's out there reading. hope you took something from it.

have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
i love,God ,my family, my friends, photography, music, more than an about me can tell you. just ask. iLove.

my 1 people parties.